For thousands of years, flags have been used to show someone’s affiliation to a country, organization, movement, or cause. You may choose flying a flag in your front yard to show your pride and loyalty to your country or to fly a business flag to share your values with everyone who visits your business.
Whether you’re looking to fly your national flag or business flag, it’s important that you give to the attention and prominence it deserves by not only choosing the best flagpole but also installing the best flagpole light.
In fact, according to the United States Flag Code, the flag should be displayed only from sunrise to sunset. However, you can fly the flag at all times if it’s properly illuminated at night. As such, if you want to showcase your patriotism round-the-clock, it’s necessary that you add a flagpole light. And if you’re looking for the most cost-effective and energy efficient way to light up your flag at night, consider installing a solar flagpole light.
The best thing about solar flagpole lights is that you don’t risk losing the light when there is a power outage, they require little to no maintenance, and are hassle-free to install. They also keep your flag illuminated even during harsh weather conditions like heavy rain, wind, and snow storms.
While there are lots of solar flagpole lights available on the market, not all will be best for your lighting needs. This is because different flagpole lights vary greatly in terms of build quality, features, prices, and many more. For that reason, it’s important to make sure that you’re choosing the right one for your unique lighting needs.
In this article, we’re going to look at some of the best flagpole lights out there and what to look out for when buying a solar flagpole light.
So, let’s get right into it:
|Product Name||Length||Bulb Type||No. of Lights||Lumens||Battery Capacity||Solar Panel||Run Time||Waterproof||Warranty|
|Deluxe Solar Flag Pole Light||15 to 25 Ft||LED||26||1300||4500mAh||6||18 hrs.||Yes||1-yr|
|DeneveDaisy Widebody Flagpole Light||15 ft to 25 ft||LED||1600||Photovoltaic cells||72 hrs.||Yes||1-yr|
|Sunnytech 2nd Solar Flagpole Light||15 ft to 25 ft||LED||20||1300||6600mA||18 hrs.||IP65||1-yr|
|WeValor Solar FlagPole Light||15 to 25 ft||LED||26||10 hrs||IP55|
|Annin Flagmakers-2472 Solar Light||20 to 25 ft||LED||20||130ma||8 hrs||Yes||6-month|
|totobay 76 LED Solar FlagPole Light||15 to 25 ft||LED||76||800||2200 mAh||8-10 hrs||IPX4|
|GRDE Solar FlagPole Light||15 to 25 ft||LED||30||2200mAh||12 hrs||2-yr|
|MOICO Solar Flagpole Light||15 to 20 ft||LED||42||2200mAh||10 hrs||IP67||1-yr|
|InnoGear Outdoor Solar Spotlight||LED||6||2200mAh||10 hrs||IP65||1-yr|
|FALOVE Solar Spotlight||LED||4||200||2200mAh||5 to 8 hrs||IP65|
|SOLVAO Solar Spotlights||LED||4||200||2200mAh||6 to 9 hrs||IP65|
Best Solar Flagpole Light Reviews
Topping our list is the Deneve Deluxe Solar Flagpole Light, which stands out for its solid construction, versatile design, and high-efficiency solar panels, and long-lasting batteries.
The Deneve Deluxe Flagpole light comes equipped with a total of 26 powerful yet energy-efficient LED bulbs. The LED bulbs produce a massive 1300 lumens of brightness, providing bright, robust illumination for your flag. The LED lights have a long lifespan of up to 50,000 hours, so you’ll not replace them any time soon.
Another highlight feature of this solar flagpole light is its six photovoltaic solar cells, which help convert more solar energy into electricity to brightly light up the LED bulbs. The cells even store enough energy to illuminate the bulbs when the sun stays away. This means the light will keep your flag illuminated even when the weather is unfavorable.
This solar powered flagpole lighting features a powerful, 4500 mAH rechargeable batteries, so you don’t have to get a new light every time the batteries run out of power. On a full charge, the batteries provide ultra-bright lighting for up to 18 hours. One impressive thing is that the batteries are replaceable, so you can easily replace them with new ones if they stop working or reach end of life.
The light also features an automatic light sensor that switches the light on at dusk and off at dawn, saving energy and the hassle of doing it yourself. Besides the automatic control, it comes also with an ON/OFF switch, allowing you to manually control it. The switch can be helpful especially when you’re going for a business trip or vacation and want to switch off the lights completely.
This flagpole light boasts a versatile design, meaning you can use it on a wide range of flagpoles, comprising 15-25 foot flag poles. You should mount it on shafts with a length of at least 1.5 inches and not more than 0.5 inches in thickness. With the right specs, installing this flagpole light on your flagpole should be a breeze.
- Comes with extra solar cells for more power
- Weatherproof construction withstands harsh weather conditions
- High-efficiency solar panels
- Powerful LED bulbs provide ample bright light and coverage
- The light shines bright even when the weather is cloudy
- Versatile design compatible with different types and sizes of flagpoles
- Saves money and time with the rechargeable and replaceable batteries
- Environmentally friendly as its made 100 percent of recycled materials
- Can be controlled manually and automatically
- Provides ultra-bright lighting for up to 18 hours
- The light is not dimmable
- Can be expensive for some
Coming second is the Deneve Solar Daisy Widebody Flagpole Light that stands out as the brightest flagpole light on our list with its massive 1600 lumens of brightness.
This flagpole light boasts an upgraded design with bright 13-watt LED bulbs and a highly reflective aluminum reflector, allowing it to produce twice as much light as the Deluxe Flagpole Light at only 50 percent battery consumption.
The solar panel features an advanced solar cell technology, generating enough power to recharge the battery in only a few hours with direct sunlight. It offers 3 to 5 times longer battery life, illuminating your flag for three nights consecutively with super bright light. It features an innovative circuitry, which automatically turns on the lights during nighttime to display your patriotism and again off during morning hours saving power.
When it comes to the build quality, this solar flagpole light features a weather resistant aluminum housing with powder coated finish and a water resistant lens. This not only makes it incredibly durable but also great for outdoor use as it can easily withstand harsh weather conditions without any problem. It’s stylish, silver wide-body design, making it an attractive addition to your home’s flagpole.
The light requires no wiring or connection, making installation easy and straightforward. The Widebody Flag Pole Light works on all flagpoles with a 0.5″ wide and at least 1.5 inches long flag ornament spindle.
- The LED light beam angles can be adjusted
- Provides ultra-bright illumination with a massive 1600 lumens
- Illuminates your flag brightly for up to three nights on a single charge
- No more need to worry about changing batteries
- Requires no wiring or connections, making it easy to install
- Emits up to 2 times more light at 50 percent battery consumption than standard flagpole lights
- Weatherproof construction, great for outdoor use all year-round
- Turns on and off automatically
- The clips are not that strong and can break
- Charges slower during stormy or cloudy days
As one of the best-selling flagpole lights on Amazon, Sunnytech 2nd Generation Solar Flagpole Light ranks among the top products on our solar flag pole light reviews for its sleek design and outstanding functionality at a bargain price.
The Sunnytech 2nd Generation Solar Flagpole Light features a total of six elegant-looking yet highly efficient solar panels that work great in absorbing sunlight. The solar panels will collect enough power to keep the lights on at night even when the weather is unfavorable, so you shouldn’t worry about cloudy or rainy days.
It comes with 4500mA high capacity rechargeable batteries that provide up to 18 hours of illumination when fully charged. The batteries are replaceable, so you don’t have to get a new light when the batteries run out saving you money.
The light boasts a total of 20 LED bulbs positioned nicely in a circle near the edges of the disk to create a wider circumference and provide 20 percent more flag coverage compared to standard flagpole lights. The lights shine automatically at nighttime and turn off during the morning hours, thanks for the cutting-edge sensor.
What’s more? This Sunnytech 2nd Generation Solar Flagpole Light is compatible with all flagpoles measuring between 15 and 25 feet in height and with 0.5 inches wide rods at the top. Installing it on your flagpole is pretty easy since it requires no wiring or tools.
- Long-lasting battery, providing light for up to 18 hours
- Great value for your money
- IP65 waterproof construction, great for outdoor use
- Comes at an affordable price
- Flame-retardant materials
- High efficiency solar panels that collect power even during cloudy days
- Easy to install with no tools or wiring required
- Made of eco-friendly plastic
- Automatically turns on at night and off in the morning with an innovative sensor
- Not the brightest light out there
- Doesn’t have a manual ON/OFF switch
Featuring an attractive design and powerful LED bulbs, the WeValor Solar FlagPole Light can not only give your flag a dazzling look but can also be used as a floodlight for illuminating your camping tent, gate post, and other outdoor areas.
One of the highlight features of the WeValor Solar FlagPole Light is its powerful 26 LEDs with a wider circumference, providing up to 20 percent more flag coverage compared to conventional fixtures. The 26 LEDs provide super bright light, keeping your flag well illuminated and recognizable at night.
This solar-powered flagpole light is compatible with flagpoles that measure approximately 15 to 25 feet in height and with 0.5 inches spindles at the top. Another cool thing about this solar light is that installing it on a flag pole is easy and tool-free. The installation process will take you less than 5 minutes to complete as all you need to do after you’ve lowered the pole is to mount the light on the rod below the top most part.
The solar flagpole light comes equipped with a hook, allowing you to mount it to different places and use it as lighting for your camping tent, air terrace, night market, fence, and other outdoor areas. You may also like that this LED solar flag light features an advanced sensor for automatic on and off , saving you the hassle of controlling it manually. Along with the advanced sensor, this product also comes with an ON/OFF button, so you can manually control the lights if you like.
- Provides super bright illumination with 26 powerful LED beads
- Automatically turns on and off with an advanced sensor
- Versatile design allows for multiple use such as camping tent, gate post, villa garden, and many more
- Easy to install without any additional tool needed
- Compatible with a wide range of flagpoles sizes
- Comes with an ON/OFF button for manual operation
- Wide LED circumference allows for more flag coverage
- Durable, weatherproof construction, ideal for outdoor use all year round
- Great price
- The plastic parts may not hold up long term
If you’re looking for an easy to install and dependable solar flagpole light for your telescopic or in-ground flag poles, you can’t go wrong with the Annin Flagmakers-2472 Solar Light.
This Annin Flagmakers-2472 Solar Light comes equipped with 20 LED bulbs that shine bright enough to illuminate your flag beautifully without disturbing your neighbors. The LEDs beam provides full coverage of your flag when it’s calm, so you can showcase your patriotism to your neighbors even at night.
The solar flag light boasts five solar panels that work efficiently in collecting light during the day and shine light on your flag throughout the night. It also comes with three self-charging batteries that provide enough power to keep the lights on for about 10 hours, so your flag stays illuminated all night long.
This in ground flagpole lighting features a light sensor that automatically turns on the light only when it starts to get dark at dusk. Your flag remains nicely illuminated throughout the night until dawn when the lights automatically turn off.
Installing this solar powered flag pole lighting is a breeze since there’s not extra tools or wiring required. It works great for in-ground or telescopic flag poles with a height between 20 and 25 feet and a 0.5 inch rod at top.
- Dependable rechargeable battery lasts for up to 10 hours on a full charge
- Solar panels collects enough light to light up your flag all night even during cloudy and rainy days
- Solar powered, so no wiring or connection to electrical grid is required
- Easy to install without extra tools needed
- Bright enough to illuminate the entire flag and the circumference of the pole
- Doesn’t have an ON/OFF switch, so you cannot manually switch it off when not in use
- The construction quality could be improved
If you’re looking for a solar flagpole light that’s built to last and allows you to choose the ideal level of brightness for your flag, you may want to consider choosing the Totobay 76 LED Solar FlagPole Light.
Featuring a total of 76 powerful LED bulbs, Totobay 76 LED Solar FlagPole Light easily produces ultra-bright illumination at a massive 800 lumens. If you find the light too bright or want to save power, this product comes with three lighting modes allowing you to select the most suitable brightness level for lighting up your flag at night.
The light boasts a double-sided design with the top side equipped with 12 LED bulbs and 64 LEDs at the bottom side, ensuring maximum illumination and visibility. It also features 11 solar panels that are highly efficient when it comes to converting sunlight to electricity, fully charging the battery in less than 8 hours. The high capacity 2200 mAh battery can illuminate the lights for up to 10 hours, lighting up your flag from dusk to dawn.
This solar powered flagpole lighting is made of a weatherproof housing with an IP65 waterproof rating, so you’ll have no problem using this light outdoors in harsh weather conditions. Installing this light is pretty easy as it’s designed compatible with all standard flagpoles plus it comes equipped with a hanging buckle, so you can use it for lighting other outdoor spaces.
- Three different settings to suit your lighting preferences
- 76 super bright LED lights
- Rechargeable battery is long lasting to keep your flag well-lit for up to 10 hours
- Features a hanging buckle for multipurpose use
- Designed compatible with all standard flagpoles
- Waterproof construction can withstand harsh weather like heavy rain and storm
- Super-easy to install
- Doesn’t have a switch for manual control
Want a solar flagpole light that will not only illuminate your flag at night but also light up the area around the bottom of the flagpole, GRDE Solar FlagPole Light is easily the best choice for you.
This led solar flag light features a total of 30 LED beads that are energy-efficient and made using cutting-edge technology to produce super-bright light to keep your flag illuminated all night. The light comes equipped with 11, massive solar panels with more photovoltaic cells, so it can efficiently convert more of the absorbed sunlight into electricity for nighttime lighting. Another impressive feature of the GRDE Solar FlagPole Light is its built-in 2200-mAh batteries, which powers the light for up to 10 hours on a single charge, allowing you to illuminate your flag all night.
The installation process is quite simple and straightforward, so you don’t need to hire a professional to mount it on your flagpole. It is designed to fit most standard flagpoles with a height of between 15 and 25 feet and with a 0.5 inch thick rod at the top.
- 30 LED bulbs provides amazing brightness
- Advanced solar panel technology helps convert more sunlight into electricity
- Long-lasting battery life, keeps the lights on for up to 10 hours
- Can fit most standard flagpoles
- Simple and straightforward to install
- Excellent customer service with responsive and helpful agents
- It has an ON/OFF button plus an auto ON/OFF for hassle free control
- Comes with a two-year long warranty
- The light may not stay on throughout the night if it was cloudy or rainy during the day
If you are on a budget and want a solar flagpole light that will make your flag shine in the dark at night, your best choice is the MOICO Solar Flagpole Light.
Despite its affordable price tag, the MOICO Solar Flagpole Light comes equipped with a whopping 42 LED bulbs that are not only super-efficient but also able to provide 360-degree illumination for maximum visibility of your flag at night.
Another standout feature of this solar powered light for flag is its wide versatility, meaning not only can you use it for lighting up your flag at night but you can also use it for your playground, yard, night market, camping trips and other uses. This is made possible by the included hook that allows you to hang it on a wide range of places.
The solar flag light features a solid build quality made of weatherproof materials for lasting durability. The light is IP67 rated with the solar panels, two extra buttons, and the LED lights designed waterproof, so it will illuminate your flag even during rainy nights.
What’s more? The light features two lighting modes namely super bright mode and energy saving mode, giving you the option to choose the amount of brightness you want for the light. Also, it is backed by a one-year long warranty.
- 42 LEDs for excellent illumination and visibility
- Shines bright enough to illuminate your flag and make it visible in the dark
- Allows an adjustable height of about 15 to 25 feet
- Automatic light switch, so you don’t need to manually control it
- IP67 Waterproof construction allows for use even during rainy days and other tough weather conditions
- Comes at an affordable price
- Backed by a 1-year long warranty
- Can also serve as an outdoor solar light for your campsite, roadside,and so on
- The packaging could be improved
If you’re looking for the best solar powered spotlight for flag that’s versatile, durable, and with two easy installation methods, the InnoGear Outdoor Solar Spotlight makes a perfect option.
This InnoGear Outdoor Solar Spotlight comes in a set of two lights, each equipped with four LED bulbs and pre-mounted solar panels. For longer lighting, you can choose a low-light mode that lasts up to 10 hours or a high-light mode that provides bright light for only 6 hours.
One unique thing about this LED spotlight is that you can easily rotate the solar panels up and down independently up to 180 degrees, allowing you to position the panel for maximum sunlight exposure. You also can adjust the angle of the light head up to 90 degree, so you’ll be able to illuminate areas that would otherwise be hard to reach.
The high efficiency monocrystalline silicon panels work great in converting light into electricity, always keeping the battery charged at all times. It also features a light sensor, which automatically turns the lights on and off based on the surrounding light condition.
What’s more? These solar flag spotlights offer multiple installation methods, allowing you to stake them in the ground as use them as in ground flagpole lighting or mount them onto a wall for lighting your patio, porch, and other outdoor spaces.
- Two brightness settings for longer lighting and energy-efficiency
- Convenient controls with an auto light control and a manual switch
- Independently adjustable light and solar panel
- Solar panel is rotatable up to 180 degrees for maximum sunlight absorption
- High quality, weatherproof construction can withstand high impact and harsh weather conditions
- Well-built to last for a long time
- High efficiency Monocrystalline solar panel ensures better sunlight absorption and faster conversion
- The LED lights are adjustable up to 90 degrees for focused illumination
- Easy to install
- The battery takes quite long to fully charge
Featuring two brightness modes, powerful LED bulbs, and multipurpose use, the FALOVE Solar Spotlight is easily one of the best solar flag spotlights for illuminating your flag or outdoor space from dusk till dawn.
This solar powered spotlight for flag comes in a pack of four LED lights capable of delivering up to 200 lumens of light in total, which is bright enough to nicely illuminate your flag at night. This solar flagpole light gives you the option to use it as an in-ground flag pole lighting by sticking it in the ground or for illuminating your outdoor spaces by mounting it on a wall.
You can easily adjust the light head of these lights up to 90 degrees to get the perfect illumination for your flag. The solar panel is also adjustable up to 180 degrees, allowing you to position it for maximum sunlight exposure.
It is made with an 2200 mAh internal battery, which gets fully charged by the solar panel in less than 8 hours under direct sunlight and illuminates your flag for up to 10 hours at night. It comes equipped with a light sensor that saves you the hassle of controlling the lights manually by automatically switching on the lights at dusk and off at sunrise.
- 4 Ultra bright LEDs deliver a whopping 200 lumens of bright light
- It comes with a powerful, rechargeable battery keeps the lights on for up to 10 hours
- Can be used for in ground flag pole lighting or for lighting outdoor spaces like patios
- Super easy to install with no wiring needed
- Solar panel can be adjusted independently for maximum sunlight exposure
- The lights are adjustable, so you can focus it in almost any direction
- Power saving and convenient with auto on and off
- It provides two brightness settings
- Waterproof and heatproof
- Projects light up to 20 feet high
- Does not stay on till morning on high brightness mode
The SOLVAO Solar Spotlight is another excellent solar flagpole light that promises to make your flag with four super-bright LEDs.
The four LED lights of the SOLVAO Solar Spotlights give up to 200 lumens of brightness, ensuring maximum visibility of your flag at night. The solar spotlight can easily be installed by sticking it in the ground and adjusted up to 90 degrees, projecting the light beam upwards for maximum illumination of your flag.
It features a large, well-built solar panel with a frosted coating to protect it against dust and dirt. The panel is also designed to ensure more sunlight absorption and faster conversion to keep the 2200mAh battery fully charged. Once fully charged, the battery keeps the lights on for up to 9 hours in low brightness mode and up to 5 hours in high brightness mode.
The best part is that you can install these solar spotlights on a wall to highlight various outdoor spaces such as walkways, patios, and driveways. It is built durable enough to withstand storms, severe heat, and snow, allowing for all-year round use.
- 4 ultra-bright LEDs for maximum lighting
- Adjustable brightness helps save power for longer lighting
- Extra large solar panel designed to absorb maximum solar energy during the day
- Durable and weatherproof construction for year-round use
- A wide 270-degree tilt range for maximum sunlight exposure and focused lighting
- Doesn’t stay on throughout the night on the brightest setting
Buying Guide: Things To Look For When Choosing A Solar Flagpole Light
If you’re looking to fly your national or organization flag 24/7 to showcase your patriotism, the best solar flagpole light can help keep it properly illuminated at night and hours of darkness. However, not all solar flagpole lights are made the same, meaning not every one of them can be suitable for you.
For that reason, we’re to look at some of the key things you should consider when choosing a solar flagpole light to help you choose the right one for your lighting needs. Some of these factors include:
Flag and Flagpole Size
Knowing the size of your flagpole can help you choose the ideal flagpole light size to ensure compatibility. For that reason, be sure to determine the diameter and height of your flagpole as most solar flagpole lights are designed suitable for flagpoles measuring between 15-25 feet long and with no more than 0.5 inches in width. You should also determine the size of your flag to ensure you choose a solar LED light with enough coverage to illuminate the flag entirely.
Depending on how you’d like to illuminate your flag at night, you can choose either a top-mounted model or an in-ground solar flagpole light. The bad thing about ground-mounted models is that they can be damaged by animals and increase your risk of falling and tripping.
How your solar flagpole light is mounted should not only give your flag an immaculate and elegant look but should also allow easy installation and removal of light.
The lumen count of a solar flagpole light determines the brightness of its bulbs. Thus, the higher the lumen count the brighter the light will be.Typically, most solar flagpole lights have a lumen value ranging between 50 and 1500 lumens.
For down-facing models, consider a lumen count of at least 200 lumens because the solar light will be close to the flag. For in ground flag pole lighting, on the other hand, the lumen count should range between 800 to 1000 lumens.
Battery Type and Capacity
Solar lights come with different battery types and capacities. The most common types of batteries used in solar flagpole lights are Ni-MH and lithium ion batteries. It is also important to consider the battery capacity of the battery usually measured in mAH.
The higher the battery capacity, the longer your solar flagpole light will light up your flag. So, if you want to illuminate your flag for the entire night, consider a battery capacity that can provide lighting for at least 7 to 9 hours. However, high capacity batteries require more time to fully charge. For that reason, if you live in an area that receives little sunlight, consider choosing a solar flagpole light with a low capacity battery.
Solar Cell Capacity
Solar panels provide power for the solar flagpole lights by absorbing solar energy and converting it into usable electricity that’s stored in a battery for nighttime use. As such, to ensure the best performance, consider a model with large, high-wattage solar panels. The panels should be adjustable to various angles for maximum sunlight absorption.
You may also want to consider those that come with a hook or a carabiner, which allows you to mount the solar flagpole on different places such as on a wall and use it for lighting up your patio, fence, courtyard, and other outdoor spaces.
It is crucial to check the build quality of your solar flagpole light to ensure lasting durability. Make sure that the solar flagpole you choose is durable and weatherproof, so it can be able to withstand harsh weather conditions such as heavy rain, storms, and extreme heat. This also allows for year-round use.
It is also important to check that your solar flagpole light comes with a warranty. Most solar flagpole lights come with at least one-year warranty cover, but you can also try to find one with a longer warranty for your peace of mind.
Are solar flagpole lights weatherproof?
Yes, solar flagpole lights are designed weatherproof using durable, heavy duty materials that can easily withstand harsh weather elements like heavy rain, extreme heat, snow, and frost.
Do flagpole lights work on cloudy and rainy days?
Yes, most solar powered flagpole lights with high capacity batteries and efficient solar panels can work on cloudy or rainy days. However, their charging may get affected over time.
How many lumens do I need for a flagpole?
To properly illuminate a flagpole and nicely display your flag, you need a solar flagpole light with at least 300 lumens of brightness.
Do you have to light a flag at night?
Yes, according to the US Flag Code, flags should be taken down at sunset unless it’s properly lit up during the hours of darkness.
As you’ve seen from these solar flag pole light reviews, there are lots of great solar flagpole lights available on the market. These solar powered lights are designed easy to attach on your flagpole without any wiring or connection to an electrical output required. While there are many great models to choose from, be sure to take the above mentioned factors into consideration when shopping to make sure you get the right one for your flagpole lighting needs.